Holly Creek Baptist Church
On mission with God since 1848
On mission with God giving hope and changing lives by sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.
Holly Creek Baptist Church will seek to fullfill God’s purpose by being a healthy, vibrant body of believers that develops and nurtures disciples of Christ. This vision will be accomplished through evangelism, Biblical training, meaningful worship, Christian fellowship and Christian service.
In pursuing this vision Holly Creek Baptist Church will be motivated by the love of God, empowered by the spirit of God and guided by the word of God.
1. God – There is one true God who is holy, just, loving & Merciful. He exists in three seperate, but equal persons: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit. Gen. 1:1; Deut. 6:4.
2. Jesus Christ – Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. He alone is fully God and man and He alone is the redeemer of man. John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Heb. 1:1-4.
3. Man – Man is created in the image of God and is the object of God’s great love. Therefore every person is to be treated with dignity and respect. Through Adam’s sin all humanity was plunged into sin and every person is born in sin and cannot be part of God’s family and kingdom without experiencing the miracle of the new birth. Rom. 3:23; John 3:3,5.
4. The Gospel – The gospel is the good news of Jesus coming to earth to die for our sins on the cross and rising again. This is God’s powerful and unfailing message of salvation to everyone who believes. This is the message the church is commanded to proclaim to all the earth. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Mark 16:15, Romans 1:16)
5. The Bible – the Bible is God’s word. It is inspired by God, without error and completely trustworthy in all that it says. The Bible teaches us the way of salvation, is the perfect guide to the Christian life and speaks to the deepest needs of our lives. It is the ultimate authority by which all beliefs and practices must be tested. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20 & 21, Psalms 119:11, 89, 105)
6. The Church – The local church is a group of baptized believers meeting in a specific location for the purpose of worship, Christian education, ministry and evangelism. The local church is the body of Christ in that location reaching out into its community and workd in Christ’s name. The New Testament consistently presents the local church as the organization God has commissioned to do ministry and evangelism until Jesus returns. (Acts 2:41-47; 1 Cor. 12:12-28; Matt. 28:18-20).
1. Discover ministry opportunities in our community.
2. Develop and implement strategic plans for evangelism and missions.
3. Provide ministry to develop mature disciples of Jesus Christ.
4. Build strong ministry leadership teams.
5. Provide adequate facilities for a growing ministry.
6. Provide adequate financial resources for effective ministry.
7. Provide prayer support for dynamic ministry.
8. Provide opportunities for dynamic worship that exalts our great God.